05 Oct 2019
At our October Community Weekend, Corrymeela will be holding an auction of promises. Saturday 5 October, 7pm
If you’ve never taken part in one of these you may not know how well they serve to build relationships and connect people together.
In an auction of promises, people offer a service or an event, an item or their time –– and in the process meaningful encounters take place. This is a fantastic way to build community by getting to know one another better and to meet folks from the wider community who will be invited to come along. Funds raised will be put towards the wastewater refurbishment project at the Centre and donated to the Ballycastle Foodbank.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add your promise to the list:
1) Wine Tasting event for 10 people.
2) Week in Woodleigh Cottage Ballycastle Sleeps 4 www.woodleighcottage.co.uk
3) Host a Roast– up to 8 people in Whitepark Bay.
4) Trip to Rathlin Island, visit Bird Sanctuary/ Lunch in the Manor House with donor
5) 2 Family Tickets (up to 6 people per ticket) to Streamvale Farm
6) Card Making Workshop up to 8 people –Causeway Coast area and Belfast
7) 6 Baby Sitting sessions in Ballycastle area
8) Weekend for 2 people in Pilgrim Cottage, self catering, Ballycastle.
9) Dinner, Bed and Breakfast in a Manse and visit to a secret beach in Donegal for 2 people
10) 2 hours basic IT training in computer skills within Co Antrim area.
11) Talk and Tour of Corrymeela up to 12 people/ afternoon tea included
12) Aporo Food Session with “The Woman next Door” 6 to 8 people in Ballycastle
13) 3 nights over a weekend in Boston Double room. June to November 2020
14) Curry and Conversation evening for up to 8 people in Belfast
15) Place to park car in Dublin/ lift to the Airport and collect. 3 people maximum.
16) Place to park car in Dublin/ lift to the Airport and collect,
17) Golf for 2 at Helens Bay Golf Course/ 9 hole
18) 4 Ball at Ballycastle Golf Course / 18 hole
19) Meal for up to 8 people in South Belfast at their home
20) Overnight accommodation for 2 in Dublin.
21) Back Assessment and 1 follow up session in Causeway area
22) 6 hours of Babysitting sessions in East Belfast Area (2× 3 hour session)
23) A Reflexology session
24) Bed and Breakfast for 2 over a weekend in Ballycastle
25) Afternoon Tea for 6 in a Co Antrim Cottage
26) 20 bags of Manure!
27) 6 hours of baby sitting (2 × 3hr sessions) October 19 to March 2020 Belfast / North Down area.
28) “The Grand Turk” Silk Print by Laura McGuire
29) A Hanging basket with summer bedding for Spring 2020
30) Fusion Glass workshop for up to 6 people / 3–hour class and light refreshments. Co Antrim area
31) Explore Caves and Castles of Dalriada Kingdom on the Lord Moyle with Captain Chris.
32) Life and Career Coaching session/ 2 hours
33) 12 Handmade personalised cards
34) Window Box of summer plants for Spring 2020
35) Evening of food and song at No. 23
36) 2 hours Sailing on Second Wind, Strangford Lough for 2 people
37) Community Collage– Vintage Corrymeela
38) Large, 3 bedroomed well furnished holiday home in Ballycastle for 1 week. Sleeps 5
39) Large, modern apartment in gated complex overlooking Portstewart Strand. Sleeps 6 for 1 week
40) GCSE Maths coaching – 6 sessions
41) Moroccan Meal for 4 – Belfast area
42) Ballinlea Cottage / for 1 week/ sleeps 6 in Ballycastle area