Women, Trans and Non–Binary Lives as Sacred
04 Oct - 15 Nov 2022
Corrymeela presents a Public Theology course entitled
‘Women, Trans & Non–Binary People’s Lives As Sacred’This programme will be held on six Tuesday nights from 8.00pm–9.15pm via zoom. (Tuesday 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th October and 8th and 15th of November, 2022). The hosts are Teagan MacAodhagáin and member Sarah Williamson.
The programme aims to practice a liberation theology approach to exploring the relationship between story and sacred text. It will include reflection on stories from our own lives and his (her) stories, drawing on these as we read stories from Christian Scripture together.
You can register through this Zoom link:
Participants are encouraged to join all six evenings. Numbers are limited to facilitate participation. The subjects being explored are sensitive in nature in terms of personal story, intergenerational stories, gender and sexuality among other things – if anyone would like a chat before the programme to understand more then please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The topics for each week are:
- Locating Myself in My Story: Introduction to Contextual Theology and liberation theologies
- Love and Loss – Legacy and Intergenerational stories
- Invisibility – Who is visible and invisible in the his (her) stories we tell?
- Gender, Sexuality and Scripture
- Decolonising Our Stories – on privilege and power
- Locating Myself and my story in Christian Theology
Please note that while it appears as part of the Zoom series’ weekly occurrences, we are NOT meeting on 1 Nov.
We hope you can join us.